September 6, 2015
John Pegg of Kerosene Fragrances
Artisan Perfumer John Pegg of Kerosene Fragrances wrote in our ÇaFleureBon Profiles in American Perfumery series, one of the more memorable quotes. “For the person wearing my scents, I try to let it be an experience. Most of the creations have initial blasts of a nose-punch, but they represent my personality in a way. I am 96% of the time, mild-mannered, the other 4%, bit nuts”
His second fragrance for 2015 (Unforsaken debuted in the spring), Broken Theories has a backstory that reads deeply personal: “Dark corners of a room seem to creep and reach out as the midnight clouds steal the last remaining shards of moonlight. Memories of smoky dreams are lost within your mind. Ruminating over the scent of mystery and nightfall, the fire you went through drifts along the air, the spices of heartache linger on the skin. Assured, you know morning will come, the darkness will subside, and the theory that everything remains dreadful will be smashed and broken”.
Notes: Blood Orange, Tobacco, Spices, Vanilla Beans, Sandalwood, Oud, and Incense.
via John Pegg
Michelyn Camen, Editor in Chief